My husband is in love. Greg woke me up this morning with an unexpected 20-second phone call (from his new pay-as-you-go emergency use cell phone) telling me to get on the computer so we could Skype. Bleary-eyed and bed-headed, I logged i
n to see my handsome hubby all dressed up in his Sunday best (a tie, even! - obviously he had changed clothes before this pic). He was recently back from attending the Sunday morning service at Kinsale Methodist Church.
n to see my handsome hubby all dressed up in his Sunday best (a tie, even! - obviously he had changed clothes before this pic). He was recently back from attending the Sunday morning service at Kinsale Methodist Church.Of course, Ireland is predominantly Catholic. The town of Kinsale has four places of worship: a Roman Catholic church, a Carmelite friary, the Church of Ireland, and the Methodist Church. Greg said that there were about 10 people at church this morning. He very much enjoyed the service and talking over coffee and a scone afterwards. He said that right now they don't have an organist, so the organ is currently being played by his boss's 11-year-old daughter who has had one year of piano lessons and is doing the best she can. They asked Greg if he could play the organ. No such luck, although he did play the piano growing up. So if anyone is looking for an organist gig, we know where you can find one. :)
"Mariah, I've fallen in love with this area," he said. He had some difficulty pinpointing exactly why he felt that way, but says that I will understand when I get there and he's certain that I will love it there, too. He is enjoying the friendly people, life in a small town where everything is within walking distance and work is only a 10 minute drive away, the fact that the town offers modern-day conveniences while preserving its old-world charm, and the natural beauty of the landscape. He commented that, as he was driving in the countryside around Kinsale, he was struck by the beauty of the natural, undeveloped shoreline, where cows are grazing right up next to the coast. Even after less than one week, I believe this experience is giving Greg an increased appreciation for the beauty and diversity of this world and a desire to be more conscientious about being a good steward of our environment.
Greg is in love. Greg is happy. Greg is taking advantage of a sunny day in Ireland to do some more exploring around town this afternoon. And I have to get ready to attend my own church service, so I'll conclude this post with another shaky-quality webcam picture, of the view from our living room window/balcony on this gorgeous Sunday.
Mariah, you're going to have a terrific tour guide when you get over there!
ReplyDelete