
Thanks to the newly discovered wonders of Skype, Greg and I were able to enjoy a video call tonight...after we finally figured out why I could hear him but he couldn't hear me and fixed it! It is so nice to be able to see and talk to each other online for free. (Picture is of Greg at the dining table in our Kinsale apartment, Skyping with me!)
Obviously, YES, Greg has arrived safely in Ireland. Both his flights were delayed yesterday, but they eventually departed and he reached his destination without incident.
Greg has had little to no sleep, so I'm afraid he didn't pass on many interesting details for my "blog fodder." He did say that he watched The Blind Side on the plane but didn't sleep much, that he's been to and from his workplace twice, that driving isn't so bad over there, that the streets in Kinsale are only wide enough for one car but are two-lane roads, that he thinks we have the best apartment at the Shearwater complex because both our living areas have ocean views, that there is no microwave in our apartment, that it is raining there, and that it's not as green as "the Emerald Isle" is supposed to be because apparently they've been having a dry spell.
So Greg is off to bed for some much-needed rest (currently Ireland is 4 hours ahead of us; they'll switch to summer time in another two weeks or so and then we'll be 5 hours apart again). Next time I'll try to see if I can squeeze anything more descriptive out of him, or maybe get a picture or two. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment