Sunday, January 26, 2014

22...24...26 Weeks and Baby Belly Photo Blast!

This pregnancy is chugging along without much new to report. No news is good news! I'm now 27 weeks along and baby seems to be thriving judging by its very strong movements.  At 22 weeks I had an uneventful checkup at the OB and baby's heart rate was hovering around 135-140 bpm. Dr. F commented that baby was very low, with nothing at all in the upper part of my abdomen, and in a transverse lie (sideways). This is what I thought anyway, since all the movements I had been feeling were really low and I was having quite a bit of hip pain from sideways baby stretching out between them. Thankfully, the hip pain went away soon afterwards. Hopefully it doesn't return with such force later on, because it was really painful to walk or move at all, really.  I had my 26 week appointment on Tuesday and have nothing new to report - heartbeat was anywhere from 125-140ish and she said everything looks right on target and it's a healthy pregnancy.  I did take Davis to that appointment with me and was nervous about how that would go, but he was a very good boy!  Dr. F commented on how good he was . . . and how cute!

From now on, we're done with the monthly appointments and instead I'll be having an appointment every 2 weeks, a sure sign that the third trimester is about to begin and we'll be moving into the home stretch.  Only 3 months until the due date!

In preparation for baby's eventual arrival, we moved Davis out of the crib/nursery and into his new big boy bed in his new big boy room at the end of December.  I was really not looking forward to rocking the boat, afraid that the transition would mean less sleep for everyone, but it has been as smooth as butter.  He was perfectly willing to change beds/rooms, has shown no sadness about leaving his old room and crib (although when I casually asked if he thought the crib would be a good place for the baby to sleep, he said, "No, that's my crib"), and from the very first night he has stayed in his bed once we put him there, sleeping all night and calling us in the morning when he wakes, not getting out of bed until someone comes to get him. Someday it may occur to him to get out of bed and wreak havoc in his room, but I hope not!  Here's a picture of our little man the first morning waking up in his big boy bed in his new room.

Yes, miracle of miracles, I have found a way to upload pictures, so here's a good long string of all the pregnancy pictures you've been missing.

 18 weeks
 
 20 weeks
 
22 weeks 

 24 weeks
 
26 weeks

Hopefully you can now expect blog posts with a little more frequency. . . just don't get your hopes up TOO high!  :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! At long last! Seems like I've been waiting practically forever. Lookin' good, Mariah! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete