| It seems odd to be writing about Christmas a month late, but I couldn't skip blogging about this special holiday. It was the first one where Davis really had a concept of Christmas, which made it extra fun. We hosted my family the weekend prior to Christmas and Davis was ecstatic to spend time with some of his favorite people . . . and open presents! He was very interested in handing out the presents to everyone else and seeing what they got. On Christmas Eve, we enjoyed a family day together by going to the Children's Museum and out to lunch, then continued our fledgling tradition of letting Davis open a "church toy" before going to the Christmas Eve service. We opted to attend the 7 p.m. candlelight service this year and I was so happy to be able to go to something that really felt like a Christmas Eve service now that Davis is older and doesn't go to bed quite as early. (The 5 p.m. family service is more contemporary in nature and sadly lacking in candlelight and carols.) With baby on the way, I expect it will be a few more years before we get to do that again. Davis was quite fascinated by the candles! Christmas was a low-key day at home. When Davis woke up and I went to get him, I whispered "Merry Christmas" and he immediately started asking about Santa. He was the slowest kid ever in walking down the stairs, peering through the railing and talking about the fire in the fireplace and the presents that he could see. It warmed my heart because I remember when we bought this house, imagining our future children coming down the staircase on Christmas morning, peering through the railings just like that. :) Davis opened his stocking, we made monkey bread for breakfast, and then relaxed while he opened his gifts and played with them. Our Christmas fun didn't wrap up until a week later, when Greg's parents were in town and we had our third and final Christmas with them. Let's just say that it took Davis awhile to adjust to the fact that Christmas was over and there weren't going to be any more presents, but I think he has come to terms with it by now. :) Merry (belated) Christmas, everyone! ![]() |
| From Loving the Life We Live |
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Once Upon a Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment