Friday, December 13, 2013

18 Weeks, 20 Weeks, and Why I'm Not Posting Much

Our laptop and our desktop computer are both essentially dead.  Naturally, this makes it very difficult for me to post updates since I don't have a computer at home.  Maybe someday I will once again have access to a computer where I can upload photos.  When that time comes around, I can come back into these pregnancy update posts and add my belly shots.  Until then, you will have to be satisfied with sad, picture-less posts and frequently no posts at all.  It's too bad, because I have some really cute pics of Davis that I've been wanting to post and talk about the related things we've been doing.

Since it's been nearly 5 weeks since I've posted, I had to at least find a way to update you on how this pregnancy is going.  It is good, uneventful so far.  As of Friday, December 6, you can now feel the baby's movements when you put a hand on my abdomen, which is exciting!  At 18 weeks, we had our ultrasound/anatomy scan.  This one always makes me hold my breath, but good news!  There were no concerns with baby's growth or development.  Everything appears to be progressing normally.

Here are baby's stats for 18w1d gestation:
  • heartrate: 155 beats per minute
  • weight: 9 ounces
  • measuring: 18w3d (2 days ahead of schedule)
For comparison purposes for those who are interested , we didn't have this ultrasound until 20w5d with Davis, and his stats at that time were 144 bpm, 14 oz, 3 days ahead of schedule.

Perhaps since this baby was only 18 weeks for the ultrasound, our ultrasound pictures didn't turn out to be much of anything this time.  So don't worry, you're not missing out by my not being able to post those pictures here.  We got a couple of alien face shots and very blurry profiles.  It was fun being able to take Davis to the ultrasound, though.  I am still not sure how much he understands, but we talked about how we were going to look at the baby inside Mommy's tummy and he paid attention to the screen during the ultrasound and afterwards looked at the printed strip of pictures they gave us, pointing to each picture and saying, "Baby, baby, baby, baby!"

The only other thing that my doctor noted was that my placenta is low-lying.  She said that many times as it grows it will grow upwards.  It is just something that we will continue to keep an eye on as the pregnancy moves forward in case it develops into placenta previa.  But again, she is not concerned at this point.

Davis still talks about the baby from time to time.  He has started lifting my shirt to "kiss the baby" and always follows it up by blowing a raspberry on my stomach.  :)

We recently have had some major wallpaper removal and painting done inside our house, and I am anxious to start getting everything back to its rightful place so that I can set up Davis' new big boy bedroom.  He will be transitioning to a twin bed in a new, larger bedroom and his current room and crib will be used for the new baby, but of course we want to make that change early enough that he doesn't have any negative association with the baby taking his room/crib.

We had a nice Thanksgiving in Missouri with Greg's family.  When Davis talks about it, he sums up the visit this way: "Had deminems (M&Ms) Grandma's house, had cookies Grandma's house, had dinnertime Grandma's house."  Haha!  Someday I'll do a post with some of the cute things he's been saying lately.  Of course I'm a little biased and everything that comes out of his mouth is adorable to me!

We are definitely looking forward to Christmas.  Davis is enamored by Christmas trees and has finally developed a recognition of Santa.  We visited Santa last night and Davis was very excited about it.  When it was our turn, though, he became suddenly shy.  Slowly, he advanced towards Santa, then stopped a safe distance away and said, "I want presents."  He's not particular.  :)  So while we didn't get any awesome pictures on Santa's lap, Davis was thrilled with the candy cane (or "candy cone" as he kept calling it) that Santa gave him and it was definitely an improvement from last year's crying!

 
From Loving the Life We Live

1 comment: