Sunday, February 13, 2011

Showered

I have officially been baby showered to the point where I am sopping wet.  :)

We have had three showers, the last two of which were this past week.  Now that the showers have all come and gone, we're taking inventory of what we still need to buy, I'm thinking about all the laundry I have to do, and the reality of everything is starting to sink in.

But the reality (we're having a baby!  soon!  in 5 weeks, or maybe just 2 weeks, or who knows when!) is a leeeeetle bit scary, so let's put off thinking about that and reflect back on the fun part - the baby showers.

My first shower was on January 29 at our house for family and friends.  My wonderful sister threw it for me and it was really fantastic.  It's so nice to be surrounded by people who care about you and are excited about your baby, and it's also fun to show off the nursery.  (Yes, I am going to share pictures of the nursery - it's not done yet, though, so all in good time . . .)  Here are a few pictures from my friends and family shower.



This past Wednesday, Greg's co-workers threw us a shower (this is the first shower I have ever been to where there were men; it was really nice of everyone to come celebrate with us).  Someone had made us an adorable diaper cake and we also had a really tasty edible cake.  :)



 Finally, on Friday, my co-workers threw me a work shower, and we all had a blast!

 


As you can see, I have eaten a LOT of cake lately.  :)  It's been so fun sorting through all the baby gifts.  This weekend I've tried to work on organizing everything, and that part is not so fun.  But as an extra bonus, I now have a lifetime supply of baby shower gift bags and tissue paper!


From Loving the Life We Live

No comments:

Post a Comment