| . . . because I haven't been sick at all this winter (not counting this fall's barely-there cold and that horrible stomach virus). My luck has apparently run out. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat yesterday that has since developed into a nasty and unwelcome cold. :( I slept horribly because I couldn't breathe well and was constantly drinking water and making subsequent bathroom visits. As my OB informed me at my doctor's appointment this morning, I look awful. So I'm spending the day at home resting with my feet propped up and guzzling fluids like I might never see water again. Hopefully I can shake this thing off soon, although colds tend to stick around longer for us pregnant ladies. I should be fine just as long as I stay hydrated (apparently this is super important or there's a risk of pre-term labor), don't spike a fever of 100.4 or more (my temp was slightly elevated at just over 99 degrees at the doctor's office), and don't start coughing up green stuff (gross!). On the bright side, it's supposed to hit 65 degrees for the second day in a row. Sadly, I will not be out enjoying the spring-like weather, although I wouldn't be doing that even if I wasn't sick since I'd be at work, so I guess there's really no loss there (except the loss of a coveted sick day, which I've been trying to save up for my maternity leave). So I bet you're wondering how the doctor's appointment went. Baby's heartrate was all over the place - jumping around anywhere from 145 to the low 160s. He or she has been moving around a lot, but Dr. F couldn't tell which was the presenting part, so we don't know if the baby has turned or is still breech. I had my first cervical check and am about 50% effaced and not dilated at all yet, which is apparently right on target for where I should be at this time. I go back again on Wednesday, March 2. Time to get off this computer and try to take a nap. Oh, sweet sleep, please pay me a visit! I missed you last night. ![]() |
| From Loving the Life We Live |
Thursday, February 17, 2011
I thought I was lucky . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment