Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I can't believe . . .

. . . that this pregnancy is now considered "full term."  Where has the time gone?  It's amazing knowing that I could technically  have this baby at any time now, and that the actual due date is only two and a half weeks away.  Incredible!

People keep saying things like, "You must be ready for that baby to come" or "I bet you're ready to be done with being pregnant."  My answer?  No, not really.  I have been so blessed with an easy pregnancy and (excepting the fact that my  hip pain is back tonight) am lucky enough not to feel miserable and completely tired of being pregnant.  I feel pretty good still.  Is that supposed to change in these last couple of weeks?  I'm not complaining!  I'll be perfectly happy for Baby Mueller to stay put for a few more weeks so I can keep working on my to do list.  :)  And I'll be so excited to meet him or her whenever the big day actually arrives.

I had a doctor's appointment today.  My group B strep test from the last appointment came back negative, which is good since that means I won't need antibiotics during labor.  Blood pressure still great, baby's heart rate around 135, weight is good (I've gained 50 pounds and now seem to be holding pretty steady).  I'm still not dilated at all (that's good).  My doctor thinks that the baby is sideways (transverse) and suspects that he or she has tried to turn but is just too big and doesn't really have room to get his or her head down into the pelvis.  Next week (March 9), I'll have another ultrasound to confirm the position of the baby as well as his/her size, and then discuss the options.  We will want to do whatever is going to be safest for the baby.

So now we continue with the waiting game.  Hopefully I don't go into labor before next Wednesday (I don't see that happening).  I really can't believe that the calendar has now been turned to March and that my darling  baby will be born sometime THIS MONTH!!

From Loving the Life We Live

3 comments:

  1. Sittin' here grinning from ear to ear. :)

    Come on now, sweet grandbaby. Turn. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stubborn baby! Must be the Mueller side? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh...sure...that's it...the Mueller side. ;) I know I'm certainly not stubborn, so it couldn't have come from me. :)

    ReplyDelete