Some random tidbits from my appointment for anyone who's interested in keeping tabs on things:
- I had my glucose screen. Hopefully I passed it; we'll have to see when the bloodwork comes back. I would prefer not to have to do the longer, yuckier glucose tolerance test if I fail this one. Cross your fingers that there are no signs I might have gestational diabetes. I missed the call-back and by the time I got their message the office was closed, so now I have to wait until Monday to find out.
- Blood pressure: great, Weight: great ------ I asked Dr. Fenoughty how much more weight I'm probably going to gain, since I've already gained 35 pounds apparently (their scale had me at 158, although I feel like that might be high). She said that women who start out lean like me almost always gain 40 to 50 pounds. She thinks I'll probably gain 50 and that's fine (so there!).
- This is for everyone who's been telling me how super huge I am: the doctor actually said that I'm little compared to most of her other patients around this time. She did say I'm going to grow a lot more in this last trimester - straight out in front - so my shirts are going to start getting short and I'll probably be dealing with some lower back and hip pain.
- She did talk about how I'm carrying the baby low (confirming what everyone else has been telling me). I told her that everyone's been telling me it's a boy because I'm carrying low. She kind of gave me an eye-rolling type of look and said it's 50/50; she thinks the way you carry really just depends on your body type and doesn't have anything to do with gender.
![]() |
| From Loving the Life We Live |

Lots of good news! Keep it coming! ♥
ReplyDelete