Sunday, December 26, 2010

100th Post . . . Christmas Recap . . . 28 weeks

After a bit of hiatus from blogging during the past two busy weeks preparing for Christmas, I'm back with . . . (drumroll, please) . . .

My 100th Blog Post!

There is a lot to catch up on, so here's a recap of Christmas 2010.

The weekend before Christmas, Greg's parents and his sister's family were all in town for the Mueller Christmas.  Using training that I received over Thanksgiving, and under the watchful eye of my mother-in-law, I made yeast rolls for our big Christmas dinner.  The rolls were delicious, but Greg's mom told me that I failed the class because I slept through the final exam! (I fell asleep as the rolls were rising and she's the one who had to pop them in the oven and actually bake them.)  :)  A big thumbs up to Greg's brother Jeff and his fiancee Janelle for hosting the dinner and doing everything else.  We had a great time together and especially enjoyed spending time with our nephew, Jack, and our niece, Ellie.



 Here's a teeny Mizzou T-shirt for Baby Mueller.
 And Sherman (Jeff and Janelle's dog) in his new Mizzou sweater.
We spent this past weekend at my sister's house, playing games, going to the Christmas Eve service, and sharing gifts.  We got tons of baby gifts, which was really exciting.  In fact, I was so wrapped up in admiring my own presents after I opened them that I didn't pay much attention to other people's gift-opening.  (I kept saying, "When did you open that?  I didn't see that!")  Our baby gifts included the high chair that we wanted and some clothes and a shopping cart cover made with love by my crafty, newly seamstress-y sister, Shalimar.

My dad opening a webcam . . . so my parents can see their grandbaby through Skype whenever they want!

 Greg with his beer.

 My sister ordered a calendar for my mother with pictures from their trip to visit us in Ireland.  I think she really liked it, don't you?
 Shalimar's boyfriend, Bryan, was not expecting the camera to take this picture when it did.  His eyes are just too funny!
 A beautiful scarf my sister bought for me on her recent trip to India.
 Matching Colts socks for everyone in the Mueller family . . .

 My sister made this bib-that-converts-to-a-potholder.  We thought it would be appropriate to put it on my belly.  I am stretching my head way up because I have suddenly developed a double chin.  (Seriously, it's terrifying.)
In pregnancy news, I am 28 weeks along today, marking the start of the 3rd trimester!  Can you believe it?

My stomach is growing rapidly (along with my chins) and I'm really starting to think that I'm going to outgrow a lot of my maternity clothes pretty soon here and have to buy Round 2 in a bigger size.  I've gained a solid 30 pounds.  A couple of people have commented that I look like I could have this baby any day now.  Uh, thanks a lot, people, I still have almost 3 months to go!  An unwelcome guest that's visited me a few times recently?  Painful leg cramps, ugh!  But I can't complain - this pregnancy has gone easy on me physically so far, so I'm sure I can suck it up and endure the discomfort that's sure to arrive these last few months.

I hope that all of my blog readers had a Merry Christmas!

From Loving the Life We Live

4 comments:

  1. Love it! What a wonderful, wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a WONDERFUL Christmas!!

    You know what helped my leg cramps? Eating a banana a day.. seriously, it helped!
    (and you will outgrow your clothes.. invest in moo moo's. Maternity jeans will drive you insane!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some bananas. :) Sigh - I don't wanna have to buy new clothes!!!! Maybe I am done growing?? :/ I'm excited to see when your little girl arrives, Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't done growing, the most growing is just beginning! hehe

    and I don't thinks she's arriving anytime soon.. its warm and cozy in there and cold and windy out here... i don't blame her for wanting to stay in

    ReplyDelete