Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weigh-In


Apparently I've gained 20 pounds.

My book Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy says, "If you're at a normal weight for your size when you conceive, research suggests that gaining 25 to 30 pounds is healthiest for you and your baby."

I am going to hope that I was considered underweight before pregnancy instead of normal weight.  Because I don't think it's very likely that I'll only gain another 5 to 10 pounds over the next 20 weeks.  My book also says, "Guidelines suggest gaining 1/2 to 1 pound a week in the second and third trimester."  According to my calculations, that would be 10-20 pounds.  So I bet I'm going to hit 160.  What do you think?  Maybe people should start taking bets on how much weight I'm going to gain by the time baby makes his or her appearance.

Not that I mind gaining weight.  It's for a good cause, and I seem to be pretty much carrying it in my belly.  I haven't been puffing out all over.  Plus, my mother says she lost all her baby weight super fast after her first baby, so I'm banking on heredity here.  :)

Also, I like to eat.  Call me crazy.

From Loving the Life We Live

1 comment:

  1. Around this time in my first pregnancy, I had gained 19 pounds. In the following 3 1/2 weeks I gained another 9. Then it slowed down.

    Around this time with you, I had gained only 14 pounds. I can probably thank your big sister for that. :)

    ReplyDelete