Friday, October 15, 2010

Fortune Cookies

Last Friday night, we went to P.F. Chang's with Greg's grandpa and parents.  After dinner, there were three fortune cookies up for grabs.  I cracked one open and found this fortune:
I was really excited and decided that I must have accidentally opened the fortune cookie that was meant for Greg. It sounds like he should be looking forward to some wonderful Adventures in Fatherhood!

On Monday, in the car on the way back to Indiana, I cracked open another fortune cookie and found this:

Hopefully my undiscovered talent is having and taking care of babies.  :)  Do you notice that one of my lucky numbers is 20?  My due date is March 20th!  Another of the lucky numbers is 5 . . . our next ultrasound is on November 5th.  Good omens?

Okay, I don't really believe in the accuracy of fortune cookies, but I thought it was pretty cool that we got these two.  For the record, I did open the third fortune cookie, and whatever was inside had nothing to do with these . . . I think the word was "teapot" or something random like that.  So you can't say that all of the fortune cookies at P.F. Chang's said "mother" or "father" - we just happened to get both!

(By the way, I took these pictures by balancing the papers on my stomach.  There is a tiny baby somewhere under that fabric . . . I know because he or she was tickling me from the inside today!)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little teapot...... Ok, so maybe that doesn't have anything to do with the 3rd fortune(I don't know what it said) but that could be a way to tie it into the baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete