Monday, April 12, 2010

Kinsale Sunshine





The sun has been shining each day since I arrived in Ireland on Saturday afternoon. There has not been a cloud in the sky, not a hint of rain, which is unusual for this area. This beautiful country is made even lovelier by the sunshine and nice weather. While I'm not walking around in short sleeves and sandals like some of the locals are (55 degrees is not THAT warm, at least where I come from), the sunshine feels wonderful and has made for a very pleasant introduction to this country.


It was a happy reunion for Greg and me at the Cork airport, following by my first exposure to the countryside and my much-anticipated first glimpse of the town of Kinsale. I was certainly not disappointed. The vistas are breathtaking, the town is charming, and our apartment is in the perfect location. Situated right in front of the marina (the picture of me above was actually taken from our master bedroom window) and close walking distance to everything in town, I know that I will enjoy staying here; it will be ideal when guests visit us, too! Exploring the town and enjoying dinner and a televised rugby match (I had no idea what was going on, but the locals were pretty excited!) at The White Lady rounded out a beautiful first day.

2 comments:

  1. I love that your 'scenic picture' of Kinsale includes a bookshop:) Great photo's all around - and I envy you at the same time as I love seeing what you are experiencing in this life adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Monica, you know I took that picture for you!!

    ReplyDelete