| This past Sunday we marked a new milestone . . . Davis' third birthday! It's hard to believe that he's THREE and not our little baby anymore, but wow, we love our big boy!
Davis loves playing dress up. Here he is a dragon and I am "bunny mommy."
The dragon chases bunny mommy saying, "I'm going to eat you up!"
His birthday was a lot of fun this year because he actually knew it was his birthday and understood what that meant (well, he understood that there would be cake and presents and candles to blow out!). Months ago, he proclaimed that he wanted a "Jake cake," referring to his favorite television show about pirates. He has been on such a pirate kick and talked about his "Jake cake" for months, so - I tried not to disappoint the little guy and made and decorated a true Jake cake for him. We had some family over to celebrate in our typical low-key fashion, although Davis was HIGH ENERGY after taking a three hour nap to be rested up for his little party, so I don't know how low-key it ended up being! It was obvious, though, that he thoroughly enjoyed every bit of his birthday - from singing Happy Birthday to blowing out the candles on his birthday cake (for the first time - he did not understand what to do last year) to opening and playing with his gifts - it was all a huge blast for him, and I was happy to endure the chaos just to see him having a great time on his special day. And if this last picture isn't proof that it was a successful third birthday, I don't know what is! Happy 3rd birthday, Davis Reid Mueller! We are so proud of you and so blessed to be your parents and watch you grow up before our eyes! ![]() |
| From Loving the Life We Live |
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Birthday Boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment