Saturday, January 19, 2013

A List of Things

A list of things I'm loving about Davis right now...

...when he finishes his snack and then walks over and puts his plate or bowl in the kitchen sink
...that he is so adept at correctly using the word "stuck" (like when he can't get down off the bed all the way or when a toy he wants is wedged too tightly into the toy box).  It is just a cute word to hear him say.
...how he loves to compare things that are the same.  He will compare his toy farm animals to the ones that he sees in books, etc. He is fascinated by the Disney logo because he sees it on so many things and loves to get them all together to compare the logo (marketing at its finest).
...his current interest in frogs
...how he tries to sing the alphabet song -- he does pretty well with the tune, but makes up most of the letters :)
...the way he pretends to snore
...the fact that his vocabulary is expanding so much, after all my anxiety over the fact that he wasn't saying many words by 18 months.  He definitely has over 50 words now.
...his beginning attempts at counting (he can count to four)
...what a good job he did at his first visit to the dentist earlier this month, letting them brush, floss, examine, and fluoride his teeth with barely a whimper
...the way he will come and grab my hand and Greg's hand and pull us both wherever he wants us to go to play with him
...how he's getting too smart for us.  The other night I was eating a cookie in the front passenger seat of the car.  Davis is rear-facing, so he couldn't see what I was doing, but pretty soon a little hand reaches up over the back of the carseat and a little voice says, "Coo-KIE, Coo-KIE!"  For the record, I was very nice and shared with him, but today when I reached for some of his snack, he pushed my hand away and said "nooo" - I thought sharing was supposed to be a two way street!  And this morning Greg had cut some pieces off a cinnamon roll for Davis and when I picked up the plate to eat the rest of it, Davis loudly objected and gave me the Look of Death (I'm pretty sure he was thinking, "That cinnamon roll is MINE, Mommy; hands off!").


intrigued by homemade play dough
 
He has a real fascination with hats.  Here he was literally posing for the camera and saying "cheese!"
 
Davis enjoys taking all my coins and placing them in the holes on this U.S. quarters map
 
meeting his brand new baby cousin, Leo!

From Loving the Life We Live

No comments:

Post a Comment