Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Eight Months

Happy eight month "birthday," Davis Reid Mueller!

Davis is growing and learning by leaps and bounds.  It is truly amazing to watch.  In just the past couple of weeks, he has become an accomplished crawler.  He likes to try to climb onto your lap, which is surprisingly endearing.  He has developed an affinity for pillows (as you can see from the video I posted yesterday).  If there is a pillow on the ground, he will make a beeline for it, ram his face into it, climb on it, wallow in it, wrestle with it, and generally have a great time.  He has been pulling himself up about halfway and yesterday, he pulled himself about 90% of the way to standing (on the fireplace hearth, no less - yikes)!  It was just for a couple of seconds, but wow!  He'll probably be standing any day now.  It won't be long and I'll be saying, "Who is the little boy and where has my baby gone?" He has started to be more receptive to eating solids (sometimes) - I have been surprised and thrilled a few times to have him willingly open his mouth for the spoon.  He still has no teeth.  He is very interested in other babies.  It was so cute last Sunday to watch him sitting on the floor during church smiling at and interacting with a baby girl about his age.  He is (ahem) definitely still the cutest baby in the world.  Last weekend we had two strangers stop us to tell us that he's adorable/gorgeous/a real doll baby.  What can I say?  I completely agree with them!

Our eight month old is such a curious and busy boy, and he is SO much fun.






From Loving the Life We Live

No comments:

Post a Comment