Saturday, September 24, 2011

Zoo Baby

Thanks to some awesome friends and their zoo membership, today we were able to take Davis on his first trip to the zoo!  The morning was rather chilly and overcast, but we avoided the rain and Davis was a very good boy.  There sure are a lot of things at the zoo for a baby boy to stare at: people, animals, trees . . .

Bundled up and ready to go
 Strolling through the zoo with Daddy
 Up close and personal with a tiger!
Davis staring at the tiger.  He had this exact same expression on his face the entire time we were at the zoo.  I think he was a tad overwhelmed by everything.
 Look, it's a bear!
 The baby elephant is (almost) as cute as Davis!
 Baby Elephant and Mama Elephant
 Davis seemed indifferent toward the elephants.
 Taking a break with Daddy. . .
. . . and Mommy!
 Visiting the baboons
 Looking at the rhinos
 Playing with his pal Sophie the Giraffe while seeing some real, live giraffes!
It may have been a little much for a baby boy to take in, but he was very content to ride around in his stroller for two hours and just look at everything.  Someday when you're bigger, Davis, we'll visit the zoo more often and have so much fun!

From Loving the Life We Live

1 comment:

  1. "...if I ran the zoo
    I'd make a few changes.
    That's just what I'd do."

    Not really. ;) It looks like a perfectly fine zoo to me! Of special interest: a fine baby boy and his happy parents!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your day at the zoo, Davis! ♥

    ReplyDelete