Saturday, May 18, 2013

2 Years, 2 Months, and 2 Days: An Update

You are the [one] that I've always dreamed of
I knew it from the start
I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart





2 year stats from May 2 check-up:
Weight: 28 lbs. 5 oz. - 50th percentile
Height: 35.25 in. - 66th percentile
Head circumference: 19.75 in. - 83rd percentile

It's about time for another update on our little charmer.  Communication has become much easier as Davis' vocabulary and sentence usage has increased and since he finally started saying the word "yes" so that he can answer yes/no questions.  He definitely knows how to make his wishes known [for example, "want eye keem, Mommy" (ice cream)] and naturally it devastates him if he doesn't get his way.  For the most part, he is a happy, laid-back kid, but he likes to have those two year old moments sometimes.  Once he had a 15 minute crying jag because I gave him the wrong kind of cereal for breakfast.  Heaven forbid!  Some of the things he loves are playing outside, hats, balls, snacks ("eat," "hungee," and "nack" are some of his favorite new words, it seems), pouring water, American flags, wind chimes, and jumping on things.  He has recently become obsessed with Veggie Tales - he likes to sing, and his current favorite is the Veggie Tales theme song.  He can climb ladders now and swing on the big kid swings.  He loves reading books at bedtime and once I found him with one of the books "reading" it to himself - "Night-night, sheep.  Night-night, cat.  Night-night, bird.  Night-night, goose.  Night-night, bee..."  He now says "I love you, [insert person's name here]" in the sweetest way possible and gives good hugs and kisses.  One morning in church, he spent the entire closing song alternating between kissing Daddy and kissing Mommy.  He is very good about saying "Thank you, Mommy" all the time and it is just adorable!  He demonstrates empathy, and if he thinks you are sad or hurt, he will come to you with a concerned face and give you a hug while patting you consolingly on the back.  It just melts my heart.






We love you, little man!  You totally have our hearts!

 

1 comment: