Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Five Months!

Who wants to see some recent pictures of our now-5-month-old?

You do?

Well, it's your lucky day!

Just when I think it's not possible for Davis to get any cuter, he does.  I am firmly convinced that he is the cutest baby in the world.    ♥ ♥ ♥  Just try to convince me otherwise - I dare you!  Your attempt would be futile.

As you saw in my last post, Davis has discovered his feet and loves, loves, loves to grab his toes.  A couple of times now, he has just managed to stretch them far enough to get a toe to his mouth, but still needs some more practice to get some real toe-sucking action going on.

His hobby of grabbing his feet is second only to his newest hobby, rolling over from back to belly.  As you may recall, he has been able to roll from belly to back since he was three weeks old.  He had been trying to roll from back to belly for awhile but kept getting stuck on his arm.  Last Wednesday, he was finally successful!  He was sooooo proud of himself!  He loves it so much that he just can't stop.  When you put him down on his back, the first thing he wants to do is roll onto his belly.  However, he has not yet figured out that he can then roll back onto his back . . . and back onto his belly . . . and back onto his back . . . and back onto his belly.  So he is still fairly stationary.  Once this kid figures out that he can use his rolling skills to actually get somewhere - watch out, world!  He is also working on strengthening his core (as Greg says).  If you put him in a sitting position (tripod style, with his arms supporting him), he can keep himself up in that position for a little while instead of tipping to the side like he used to.

Davis can laugh now (although it sounds more like a grunt), but usually just opens his mouth really wide without making a sound.  He is getting very adept at maneuvering his toys - passing them from one hand to the other, rotating them around to fit in his mouth, etc.  He still loves to suck on things - toys, blankets, the front of his outfit - and let me tell you, he can bite down HARD despite his lack of teeth.  You will often find him making chomping motions with his mouth.  He is expanding his vocal repertoire.  He makes razzing sounds and gurgling sounds and has recently started sucking in his bottom lip.  He is a drooling machine!  I know that I got my first tooth at 5.5 months, so I keep trying to look at his gums, but whenever I do, he sticks his tongue out so I can't see.  Sticking his tongue out is also high on his list of favorite things to do.

Our little boy is so interested in the world around him.  It has become so much easier to take him places without worrying that he's going to cry, because he likes to look around and take in his surroundings.  Greg and I are both enjoying this age so much.  There is really only one area where he could use improvement, and that's sleeping.  *Sigh*  He was doing so well with sleeping back in June and I had such high hopes, but as he approached 4 months old his sleep pretty much fell apart and we haven't been able to put it back together.  I keep telling him that, if I was a baby, I would love being able to take long naps, but he doesn't seem to care what I think.

Wow - 5 months old!  I just can't believe how quickly we're approaching the half-year mark.  Time really does go faster when there's a baby in the house.

And now for the promised pictures.  I've been saving them up to share with you!













There.  Now didn't I tell you he was the cutest baby in the world?

2 comments:

  1. Most adorable baby boy EVER!! Happy 5 month birthday, sweet Davis. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davis needs to travel up north and visit his auntie!

    ReplyDelete