Monday, May 16, 2011

Two Months!

Everyone says to enjoy babyhood because it is so fleeting.  Try telling a new mom that at 2 a.m., though!  Still, it's true that the past month has flown by somehow.   Suddenly I look out the window and see leaves on the trees as I wonder, where has this spring gone?  Davis is two months old now and such a joy (you know, except at night when he won't sleep).

Davis has become very smiley and can be quite talkative.  He likes to make eye contact with Mommy and Daddy and smile, and he likes to look at himself in the mirror.  When you put him on his back, he now keeps his head straight and looks up instead of always lying his head
to the side.  Last week he spontaneously (accidentally, I'm sure)
picked up one of his rattles and moved it.  If you put a rattle in his palm, he'll grasp it, wave it around, and bring it to his mouth to lick it.  He appears to like his baths now, and he rarely cries anymore when getting his diaper changed (except at night).  He likes to be carried upright and look around; his neck is strong and he holds his head up straight and pretty steady.  His biggest challenge is falling asleep (the poor tired boy gets very fussy and needs a lot of help to take a nap) and staying asleep (his nighttime sleep has been getting even worse lately - so much for dreams of a baby who sleeps through the night).

We just got back from his two month well baby visit.  Here are his
stats:

weight: 13 lbs. 10 oz. - 85.39 percentile
length: 24 inches - 92.54 percentile
head circumference: 16.25 inches - 97.87 percentile

He was so good for the doctor, lying there happily cooing and smiling.  It made it extra hard on Mommy, though, when he had
to get his vaccinations.  Try looking a baby in the eyes as he smiles at
you innocently and then suddenly screams in pain.  :(

The poor little guy is napping now.  I told him that he could nap on Mommy as long as he wants and I won't even try to put him down.  After all, no one ever looks back on their life and says, "I wish I had held my children less when they were babies."  Babyhood is fleeting, even though right now it seems to stretch out in front of me forever.






From Loving the Life We Live

1 comment:

  1. He sure looks like his Grandpa Mueller in that first picture. His Grandpa even said,"That picture looks just like one of my baby pictures when I was about that age."

    ReplyDelete