Our little guy is now, amazingly, one month old! I have to admit, I am not sorry to say goodbye to the first month of his life. Things are beginning to seem much more manageable now and I'm having less "new mommy anxiety." He is still so small and snuggly, though I do notice a difference between Brand-New Davis and One-Month-Old Davis. He seems much longer, probably because he now keeps his legs more stretched out. He has officially grown out of a couple of newborn-sized sleepers and is already stretching some of his 0-3 month footed sleepers to the max. He is focusing more and looking us in the eyes. His neck continues to get stronger and he loves to lift his head way back. He's rolled from tummy to back a couple more times. He's vocalizing more and it's so fun to listen to him coo while he lies on his blanket and looks at his toys. He is sleeping for longer stretches at night . . . last night he slept 3.5 hours before his first night waking, which is his new record.
His one month well baby visit was today, and Dr. Henderson said he got an A+++++++. Here are his stats, if you're interested in such things.
11 lb. 1.5 oz. - 80.27 percentile - has gained exactly 1 lb. in the past 12 days.
22.5 inches long - 80.54 percentile
15.5 in. head circumference - 74.03 percentile
How do you like the carrier (last picture)? And what brand is it? If we have another, I've already decided that I'm investing in one! He looks like a happy little guy! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's a "Sleepy Wrap." I really like it, though I think it would have worked even better if he wasn't such a HUGE newborn. It takes a few times to figure it out, but it's really handy. Right now he's taking a nap in it, so my hands are free to eat and use the computer (he refuses to nap unless he's being held). :) And I used it yesterday to cart him between the car and the doctor's office - kept him sleeping and happy close to Mommy. I also have a Beco Butterfly II which I haven't used quite yet, but I'm SUPER excited to try out that carrier. I think babywearing is so good for babies, and makes it easier on the moms, too. :)
ReplyDeleteHe looks so strong! Holding up his head...smiling...adorable :)
ReplyDeleteYes, he is strong! Oh, and Amy - two websites I recommend for buying baby carriers are paxbaby.com and frogmama.com.
ReplyDeleteRolling over already? That boy is quite ambitious. He is really coming into his own look, which is quite similar to his daddy. We are looking forward to meeting him when he gets a little bigger!
ReplyDelete